Monday, June 11, 2012

Narrative topic/ The greatest challenge I faced. /Minju Yeo

I think almost every high school students in South Korea has experienced one of the greatest challenge in their lives, entrance exam for universities. There was no exception for me, either. The greatest challenge in my life was being a senior of high school. I had to prepare for both the Korean SAT test, and nonscheduled admission, which gave me the greatest challenge of my life. First, I had to study English extra harder than other students. Nonscheduled admission for universities has many types. Among them, I had planned to apply for the special admission for English ability. In Korea, there are many opportunities of nonscheduled admission for the students who are good at English. In order to apply, students had to take authorized English tests such as TOEFL or TOEIC. Since I've always been so confident about my English, I tried to take the tests and watch for a chance of special admissions. However, my test results were much poor than I thought. At first, I was depressed and considered giving up the nonscheduled admission and just focus on SAT. If it had not been for my mom, I would have given up. My mom encouraged me and told me that she will always support my decision. With her great support, I decided to give it a shot one more time. After I had decided to achieve the goal at any costs, I had to study really hard since I had to study for both SAT, and English tests. I never wasted time doing things like watching TV or texting with friends. I just focused on studying thinking of my future. In the end, after all those patience, I could get a high score which was enough for me to enter a university of my dream. Also, I didn't have to take the SAT test, since I already got the enrollment form universities. Sometimes it was hard for me to endure all the pressure of studying and it burdened me. However, the challenge taught me a cliché, but a universal truth. No pain, no gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment