Monday, June 11, 2012

Opinion writing/ Best City to live in / Minju Yeo

I've been to many cities around the world. Among those amazing cities, I consider Vancouver as the best city to live in. It's an attractive city that shows people both the beauty of nature and charm of developed modern city. The city has actually been selected as the best city to live in the entire world. There are many reasons why I think Vancouver is the best city to live in, but I can think of three big reasons. First, the city has a great nature environment with fresh air. Vancouver is surrounded by mountains and forests. Therefore, the city is not only beautiful but also its air is very clean and nice. I could never forget the moment I went to the Stanley Park for the first time. I could feel the fresh air and breeze. Also, one of my friends, who was suffering from atopy actually got cured after staying in Vancouver for a year. I think Vancouver's fresh air is a strong advantage for people to live in. Second, the transportation system of the city is comfortable. It has all kinds of transportations, such as buses, subway and taxi. Other than these, there are other transportations which are only in Vancouver. For example, there is a kind of transportation system called Sky train, which its stations are located throughout the city. It's very fast and easy to use. I've always took Sky train while I was traveling around the city, and I felt no difficulty although I'm not used to it. Finally, the city has a great library system. When I stayed in Vancouver, I was impressed by its advanced system. In the city, there are hundreds of libraries. All those libraries in the city are connected by computer system. Therefore, you can borrow and return the books in any libraries located in the city. Also, libraries have many programs that promote children to read books. I remember that a library gives children a medal if they complete reading all the suggested list of books. I thought these kinds of programs are pretty good for the increase in citizen's reading. These are the three reasons why I consider Vancouver as the best city to live in. If I get a chance to live abroad someday, I will definitely choose Vancouver.

No comments:

Post a Comment