Thursday, March 29, 2012

Jae-Hun Lee/A sense of place/Mon9-11

Heart of Suwon: Mountain Paldal & Market Jidong

 

I'd like to introduce "Mountain Paldal" and "Market Jidong". 'Mountain Paldal' is located in the middle of Suwon, Gyeonggi-do. 'Nam-san' in seoul and 'Mountain Paldal' are similar, because both of mountains are located in the middle of city. If you climb 'Mountain Paldal', you can see the entire city. Since there are long walking trails in the mountain, you can hike in the mountains along the walking path. There are a few mineral springs and a lot of exercise equipments and few monuments for '3.1 movement' and 'independence'. And also, in the spring, cherry blossoms are beginning to bloom. So you can smell cherry flavor. When you arrive at the top of the mountain you can see a 'Hwaseong' architecture that is called "Seo-jangdae"(West command post). Once it gets dark, you can see beautiful scenery of the city on the top of "Seo-jangdae". After go down a mountain, you can see "Market jidong" near the mountain. In the market, there are many of merchants and customers. So, it's very crowded and noisy in the market. And 'Market jidong' is famous for "Sundaeguk(Pork soup mixed with sliced sundae sausage)" that is very delicious. The soup of 'Sundaeguk' is very clear and there are a lot of meats in the 'Sundaeguk'. These two places are very famous place in suwon. I usually visit these places in the weekends with my family and I can feel very comfortable in these places.

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Hi, this is Yun you jung. Thanks to your writing, I can know more about "Mountain Paldal" and "Market Jidong." I only saw these places through TV or Internet but after I read your text, I think I have to go there someday. And you used diverse senses like sight, smell, hearing and taste. This make this text more vividly. But I think there aren't enough description about "Hwaseong", like its appearance. Also, I want to know more about what "Sundaeguk in Market jidong" taste, differently from general Sundaeguk. If you add these, it would be better writing. See you in the next class:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am Lee Myungjae.

    I was unfaimilar with the Mountain Paldal and Market Jidong. but as I can see the whole city up to the mountian, I'd like to go there because I love beatiful sceneries and historic sites. You described the mountain and market Jidong in detail, along with the track going down to the mountain. Also,I found some descriptions which used the sense of sight and smell. In particular, I like the way you mentioned the smell of cherry. it is quite strong and vivid. but it could a bit better if you use other three senses because I think mostly you used the sense of sight. See you in class. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heart of Suwon: Mt. Paldal & Jidong Market

    I'd like to introduce Paldal-San(Mt. Paldal) and Jidong Market. Mt. Paldal is located in the middle of Suwon, Gyeonggi-do. Nam-san in seoul and Mt. Paldal are similar, because both of mountains are located in the middle of city. If you climb Mt. Paldal, you can see the entire city. Since there are long walking trails in the mountain, you can hike in the mountains along the walking path. There are a few mineral springs and a lot of exercise equipments and few monuments for 3.1 movement(movement that against to Japan in 1919) and independence(from Japan in 1945). And also, in the spring, cherry blossoms are beginning to bloom. So you can smell cherry flavor. When you arrive at the top of the mountain you can see a Hwaseong(A castle bulit in 1796) architecture that is called Seo-jangdae(West command post). Once it gets dark, you can see beautiful scenery of the city on the top of Seo-jangdae. After go down a mountain, you can see jidong Market near the mountain. In the market, there are many of merchants and customers. So, it's very crowded and noisy in the market. And jidong Market is famous for Sundaeguk(Pork soup mixed with sliced sundae sausage) that is very delicious. The soup of Sundaeguk is very clear and there are a lot of meats in the Sundaeguk. These two places are very famous place in suwon. I usually visit these places in the weekends with my family and I can feel very comfortable in these places.

    ReplyDelete