Thursday, March 15, 2012

Kahee Lee/ TV: Could you live without it?/ Mon 9a.m.

     If someone asks me if I can live without TV, I would answer 'living without TV wouldn't be a problem for me, but I wouldn't do that'. To be honest, I rarely watch TV. I watch only one or two Korean programs a week, which would be around 5 hours a week at most. Since I'm more interested in foreign dramas and animations, I prefer using my computer a lot more. So I don't really need TV that much. But why wouldn't I live a life without it? That's because TV has another great function than just showing me media. In front of the TV is the easiest place my family can gather around at home, except for the kitchen. We all have our busy lives, but we watch the same TV program every week together. While we watch TV, we enjoy coffee and chat with each other about many things in a very friendly mood. Sometimes we even play games on TV. So for me, TV is not just the media, it's also a medium that keeps my family happy and harmonious. That's why I wouldn't live without TV, even though I don't use it a lot.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Kahee! I'm cho yoon jung!
    I like your idea about watching TV! Normally, we usually think TV makes our family less familiar. But after reading your " it's also a medium that keeps my family happy and harmonious. " sentence, it totally changes my mind! I like this sentence very much. But, the part you mentioned about why you don't need TV in the beginning of the paragraph could be lessened. Since it's a short writing, compared to the length in the main point the introduction seems little bit long I think! See you in the class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Draft 2

    Living without TV is not a problem for me. I don’t watch many TV programs, and I usually use the internet more often. However, I wouldn't live without TV. TV has another great function other than showing me media. In front of the TV is where my family gathers around and spend time together, except for the kitchen. Ever since me and my younger brother grew up and entered in University we all had a busy life. We had different schedules and could rarely sit and have a meal all together. But at night and during the weekends, we all watch the same TV programs together. While we watch TV, we enjoy coffee and chat with each other about many things, such as our campus life, friends, the weather and etc, in a very friendly mood. We also discuss about some important matters like, what I'll do after graduation, or where we will go next holiday. Sometimes we even play games on TV together. So for me, TV is more than just a media player, it's a medium that keeps my family happy and harmonious. That is why I wouldn't live a life without TV, because in a way it's a peacemaker in my family.

    ReplyDelete