Thursday, March 22, 2012

Mi Jung Lee/A possesion that is the most important to me/Mon1,2

201102392 Mi Jung Lee 

Journalism and Mass Communication

 

 "Wow, your coat looks nice!", "The coat suits you well, Mi Jung."

I hear these comments from my friends whenever I wear the pink trench coat. Then I proudly and happily reply, "This is the coat my mom bought me as my 20th birthday present."

 I have this awesome pink trench coat that my mom bought me for my 20th birthday, last year. The color is classy soft pink which is uneasy to find. Also, the style of the coat is very unique.  The coat suits me well, too. Despite the style of the coat, I have another reason for cherishing the coat. It's very meaningful.

 Whenever i wear the coat, it recalls my memory of last year's birthday party that I held with all my family members. Being 20 in Korea means more than just growing up. You start a new life as an official adult. It may mean that you get more freedom in some way, but at the same time, it also may mean that you have more responsibilities to take for your life and the world around you. When my mom bought the trench coat for me, she wrote this short message that I would never forget throughout my life. 'Mi Jung, I want your 20s life to be joyful. I know that you have passion and enthusiasm to fulfill your dream. I know that you can do it. This is my present for your new beginning. Become a more independent, enthusiastic person, I will always support you. Love you, always.'

 I often wear the coat and sometimes feel like 20, getting the feeling of refreshment. I also feel the love of my mom and resolve once again to become a better person. During the semester, I live in my aunt's house and don't get to see mom often.The coat seems to shine more with my mom's love who always supports me no matter what condition I am in. Not only the coat is in unique style but also it recalls my happy, warm memories of my 20th birthday. That's why the pink trench coat is the most important possesion to me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I am Ji-young from writing class. I really liked the beginning part with describing what your friends say about your coat. It was very impressive and shows what you are going to talk about. And explanation part was also nice. It allows me understand how meaningful the coat is for you. That details about the background was very helpful and clear to understand. Among the words in description, I like 'independent, enthusiastic person'. It feels like you want to be like it. And the concluding part was also clear enough to restate your topic sentence. Overall, it was good writing :) See you in class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Wow, your coat looks nice!", "The coat suits you well, Mi Jung."

    I hear these comments from my friends whenever I wear the pink trench coat. Then I proudly and happily reply, "This is the coat my mom bought me as my 20th birthday present."

    I have this awesome pink trench coat that my mom bought me for my 20th birthday, last year. The color is classy soft pink which is uneasy to find. Also, the style of the coat is very unique. The coat suits me well, too. Despite the style of the coat, I have another reason for cherishing the coat. It's very meaningful.

    Whenever i wear the coat, it recalls my memory of last year's birthday party that I held with all my family members. Being 20 in Korea means more than just growing up. You start a new life as an official adult. It may mean that you get more freedom in some way, but at the same time, it also may mean that you have more responsibilities to take for your life and the world around you. When my mom bought the trench coat for me, she wrote this short message that I would never forget throughout my life. 'Mi Jung, I want your 20s life to be joyful. I know that you have passion and enthusiasm to fulfill your dream. I know that you can do it. This is my present for your new beginning. Become a more independent, enthusiastic person, I will always support you. Love you, always.'

    I often wear the coat and sometimes feel like 20, getting the feeling of refreshment. I also feel the love of my mom and resolve once again to become a better person. During the semester, I live in my aunt's house and don't get to see mom often.The coat seems to shine more with my mom's love who always supports me no matter what condition I am in. Not only the coat is in unique style but also it recalls my happy, warm memories of my 20th birthday. That's why the pink trench coat is the most important possesion to me.

    ReplyDelete