Thursday, March 15, 2012

Mi Jung Lee/My life until now/Mon1,2

MY LIFE UNTIL NOW

Journalism and Mass communication

201102392 Mi Jung Lee

 

My life until now was very unstable but from those difficult times, I learned that if I have the strong will to fulfill my dream, I can overcome any obstacles. I know that I could not have endured all those hardships if it was not for my passion to achieve my dream.

I was born in Seoul, in 1992. Because my mom and dad both worked, I had to stay with my grandparents in my childhood. With a lot of love from the grandparents, I grew up out-going, friendly and bright. Because of my out-going personality, I always loved to try new things.

Year 2008, I got into a foreign language highschool. Because a lot of talented students were there, the competition between the students was very intense. However, that kind of atmosphere was very unfamiliar to me. I'm not saying that atmosphere is bad, but it didn't go along very well with me. I didn't really like the school curriculum and hated to be locked up in a dormitory. I was stressed out!

Fortunately that year, I read this book called <The Design of Dissent>by Milton Glaser. It was a book with a lot of designs and advertisements carrying social and political issues. I was really surprised and shocked by how the designs or advertisements carry social issues and try to change people's values. It was very interesting, moreover, it inspired me a lot and helped me to find what I really want to do. 'Advertising director working internationally and carrying out social issues'.

So after 1 year at a foreign language highschool, I moved to an ordinary highschool. I studied designs and prepared for the Arts University. However, I didn't only focus on studying designs but also carried on studying English, and participating in various local, national activities. My school grades at the foreign language highschool was not so good and also I was a little late to start designs. However I tried to catch up with other students very hard. I volunteered a lot in translating work and also went to USA to promote Korean Culture as the representative of Korean highschool students. With the support from the school and family, I could participate in the activities that could help me to widen my perspective.

After researching a lot about advertising studies, I found out that studying advertisement in the humanity field is also interesting. I also learned that studying advertisements and promotions is very necessary to achieve my dream. So I decided to study advertisements and promotions at university, and here I am at HUFS, studying at JMC.

I love what I'm studying and I am comfortable and confident about how I'm living my life. Still, I face hardships in life but from the past experience, I now know that if I have the will to fulfill my dream, I can overcome the obstacles.

No comments:

Post a Comment