Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Yun You Jung/TV: Could you live without it?/Monday 9 a.m.

Maybe The age of TV went by...

 

Although I love TV, I think I could live without TV. And there would be no hardship living without it. In past, if one wanted to see drama, news, entertainment and so on, the only way was to watch TV. But nowadays, computer can replace TV! We can watch programs that have been showed on TV. Even though we can't see what is on air, if we wait for a few hours, it will be uploaded on the Internet. In addition, though we can't generally choose program which we want to see on TV, on the Internet, we can do that and don't need to watch what we aren't interested in. So we are able to live more productive life through reading a book, communicating with people and doing one's hobby during those saved times. Therefore, I think I can live without TV and through that, I would live life more effectively.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the writing.
    Your neat sentences made the overall reading easy. I like the point that you mentioned in the last sentence. "I think I can live without TV and through that, I would live life more effectively."
    Personaly, I am against watching TV, because TV makes people dull and stupid. I strongly agree on your opinion that removing TV from your life will difinitely improve the efficiency of one's life.
    However, I think there's been a little misunderstanding of the topic itself.
    I believe the term "TV" in the topic, is not literally "TV" to itself, but includes all ranges of broadcasted TV programms. For instance, in your point of view, watching dramas through smartphone's DMB, or on the internet is not "watching TV". This is like burying your head in the sand. It would have been better if you acknowledge the differences between "TV" and "TV programms".

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello this is Mi Jung and i really enjoyed reading your writing :)
    your writing is short and simple which is easy to follow! however despite the length of your writing, i guess your writing could have been a little more strong if you have changed some vocabularies or added some more reasons for why you can live without TV.
    For example, you know how much the first sentence is important, right? for that reason, i think "Although I love TV, I think I could live without TV." is a little bit weak. how about "Although, i love TV, i can live without TV."?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for comments. I revised my writing using your comments.


    Without TV: The way we can live life more effectively.

    Although I love TV, can I live without TV? I will answer "Yes" because actually I have an experience not watching TV without any problems. Many people said good sides of TV are giving us lots of information, experience, and entertainment. But we can also meet those good sides through other things. We can meet much more information through news paper, Internet, or books. Moreover, being able to choose what we want to read, we don't need to watch what we aren't interested in. And the fact that TV make us experience indirectly is right, and this is good to us because we can't go everywhere. But lots of indirect experience can't replace one direct experience. We can feel atmosphere of the site and make memories with people only in the direct experience. Finally, we have less time communicating with friends or family owing to watching TV. Maybe we can more enjoy our lives through spending time with people. Therefore, I think I can live without TV and through that, I would live life more effectively.

    ReplyDelete