Wednesday, March 21, 2012

SON NA RAE / A POSSESSION THAT IS IMPORTANT TO ME / MON 9-11

I am so-called shoeaholic. And there is one pair of shoes with special meaning to me. Usually when I go to travel, I always buy the countries’ traditional shoes. One of my favorite shoes is the one from Spain. Because I found them, taking lots of challenges. When I went to Spain, I met a girl wearing them. They are totally my style; they looked so confortable and could be matched in any clothes well. So I asked her where she got them. As soon as I found the way to the store, I changed my schedule in Spain and headed there. On the way to the store, I got lost. Just before I got desperate and mad at, I faced a special parade that holds once a year in Spain. The parade was coming with 15-feet puppet show and it was so rare opportunity for tourist to watch the parade by chance. Just after the parade, I finally found the store. It was not that far from where I departed. And I bought them.They  look like home wear-shoes which is 실내화 in Korean. They have flat sole and made of natural material such as organic cotton, non-artificial figment and so on. Naturally they are hand-made by old craft Spanish men. Come back to Korea, whenever I wear the shoes, they remind me of the moment in Spain; It was hot, I was exhausted, the parade was fantastic, and the moment I creamed when I found the store. I cherish both the moment and the shoes. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the wonderful adventure in spain.

    Your journey to the spain definitely povide sufficient background information why you adore the shoe so much.

    I travled to Spain also last winter vacation, so it reminded me of the trip in reading your writing. I think you elaborated the details of your traveling. Also you described the shoes well, so that I was easliy able to know what kind of shoes are they.

    However, I feel the writing would have been more fruitful if you added more detailed information about the parade. I see that it must have been quite a parade since you mentioned it several times overall paragraphs and in the last concluding sentences.

    I think there is a mis-spelled word in the last part: cream . I think this should be revised as scream... !

    It's always an important process to revise your writing stuff one more time before you submit it. Careful on spellings!!

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, this is ChaiHyun Nah for your monday writing class. I really liked your paragraph since I love to travel too! Your story in Spain is very interesting. My favorite part in your writing is the part you described your tough way to get the pair of shoes. However, the third sentence of your paragraph, "Because I found them, taking lots of challenges" is a bit vague for me. I think you can put this into more simple way to help readers to understand better:)
    Thank you and see you on next monday! Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete