Thursday, May 24, 2012

Jeong Hyen Joo/ Are pets good companions / Mon 9-11

Bad Companions : Cats

 

There are lots of people who love their pets because they are small, cute and lovely. However, people should know that they can make you annoyed although they look so quiet and peaceful. For many reasons, pets are not that good as companions. Especially, cats are the worst pets to live with. I know that because I have a cat. First of all, it makes a lot of noise. Cats always make annoying sound when they are hungry, sleepy, and bored. It means that cats bother you every second. For example, my cat made a noisy sound when I was doing my homework. It was a writing homework, and I had to do it quickly before the deadline. But my cat kept making a loud, annoying sound, and it made me crazy. Second, it makes you hurt because of its special habit. Cats like to climb up to the higher place. So they are trying to climb your leg as if it is a tree. So, I have a lot of scars because my cat scratched my legs to climb up. It is so hurt to get a lot of scars which don't disappear for 7 days. And finally, it makes your home dirty. Although cat is well known as a clean animal, it makes your room as a mess like a dirty pig. For instance, few days ago, my cat pooped in my school bag. In addition to that, it ran all of my room with its feet which are smeared with poop. I made me angry and tired. Although pets make people happy and excited with their cute acting, they also make a lot of annoying things like my cat. They are not good companions.

 

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I'm Yun You Jung. I've thought that raising cats is not difficult because they are clean and calm animal. But I change my mind about cats after reading your writing! Anyway, I can read your writing with interest for you give lots of examples. All of them are your real experience, so I can feel your irritation to cats.:) Also, you opinion is shown well in the topic sentence and conclusion sentence. But I think you repeated sentences which have similar meaning. You said cats are bad companions in second,third,and fourth sentence. It would be better if you delete one of them. Also, you used the word 'so' one after another. It is a little bit trivial thing, but if you change this to another word, you can make your writing smoother. Thank you for your writing! See you in the class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. This is Lee Myungjae.

    I haven't thought that cats can be annoying pets. I usaully consider them quite and brusque. But your writing really made me realized!

     While reading it, I was confused if your topic sentence is "For many reasons, pets are not that good as companions." or "Especially, cats are the worst pets to live with.'. I think the latter would be closer to what you eventually want to say, but it needs to be clearer for the rest part of your writing. I mean, cats are only one kind of pets. if you'd like to argue 'some pets are not that good companions', it's more convincing to give at least 2 different kinds of pets as examples.

    The interesting part of your writing was the story about cat's pooping..I imagined it in mind and  almost got raged by myself. But sometimes they are cute, aren't they? ...I believe so:) Take care of your trouble maker, and thank you for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete