Thursday, May 17, 2012

Kim you jin , Jang ji young // Teachers

 

GOOD TEACHER

 

 

 

We meet many teachers in our lives. Not to mention from in elementary school to in high school we meet teachers in university. Of course, not all the teachers are nice. Sometimes, there are bad teachers. I think a good teacher means a teacher who lives up to his words. If he teaches polite greetings to his students, he should set a good example by saying "Annyeonghaseyo, yeoreobun." Giving a good example like this works well because students tend to follow those who act first. A teacher I really liked was this kind of teacher. For instance, we had a class about protecting the environment. During class, he explained that environmental protection is critical these days in terms of a sustainable development. Of course, he taught us through books, videos, and other materials such as discovery channel showing the importance of it. However before the class, he had participated in the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). He said, "We should consider the environment as if it is a part of our body. He also helped us learn other things like making bread. It was when we studied all days in school. When lunch time came, he told through announcement, "People who want to make bread for lunch, come to my office! I will wait for you."  Many students went there, and made bread together. Also, when we played baseball with friends, he helped those who were not good at it by explaining the skills. He helped us throw and catch balls well. "You should weigh on your left foot more than on the right one when you throw balls" Thanks to this, my class could win the gold medal on the athletic meeting held in autumn. I feel really lucky that I had him as my teacher. There wasn't any teacher like him until now.

5 comments:

  1. Hi this is wansoo cho. here is my comment.

    You gave a lot of quotations and examples to show what is good teacher. But how about explaining what is bad teacher in the same way? It will be more balanced and better I think.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello this is Yun You Jung.
    Your writing seems to apply every EQUIP. I knew how nice your good teacher was by examples, quotations. Also, you describe him by telling story. This make me feel interested.
    But I can't find contents about bad teachers. If you add contents like examples of bad teachers, you can make this writing more understandable. Thank you for your writing, and see you in the next class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi this is Kahee Lee.
    I think your main point is about what a good teacher is in your opinion.
    You wrote that it is a teacher that lives up to his words.
    however I think some of the examples that you gave might be a bit off your point. The first example was great, showing that the teacher started thinking and acted to protect the environment first.
    But the other examples like the one teaching the students making bread and teaching baseball, I didn't get the feeling that these were an example showing that the teacher acted up to his words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'am Yeonju.

    First of all, I think you guys are talking about your best teacher, but I cannot find any effective topic sentence here; If you want to talk about a person, just say that... or if you want to talk about the character of teachers that you like, just say one or two things and go on. I mean, you guys should chose either the former or the latter. I don't see any topic sentence in your introduction part, and the intro is not effective because it's too general.

    But, still you guys did well in illustrating: I can easily picture the scene that you and the teacher having conversations in class.... But I don't understand why you put the italicized "Annyeonghaseyo, yeoreobun." there. We are supposed to write for the forein readers, and I think this sentence will totally distract the readers.

    Thanks and see you in the class!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I'm Minju Yeo

    I like your writing about a good teacher. However, I guess I could easily understand your writing is about a good teacher but I think you should make your topic sentence more clear. Also, I think it would be better if you also talk about bad teachers.

    ReplyDelete