Thursday, May 17, 2012

Lee Takgyun, Cho Wansoo, Cho yoonjung / Mon 9-11 / The Teacher I met

We meet a lot of teachers in our life. Some are good and some are bad. One of the good teachers I liked was English teacher in my high school. First of all, she took care of the students individually though she was not even homeroom teacher. All of us had got personal text messages from her at least once. Also, her teaching method was quite different from that of other common high school English teachers in Korea. During the class, she used various activities such as role plays and games. They helped us learn and internalize the lessons naturally and genuinely, allowing us no time to doze off or feel bored. Her passion let me dream of being an English teacher, and I'm so happy for having her as my teacher. On the other hand, there was a bad teacher in my life, too. He was a math teacher. He actually didn't teach a lot in class. For example, he sometimes made us solve the questions and study by ourselves while he was surfing the Internet all the class. And in next class, he chose one student and had him/her explain the question. Then, the next student, the next question. Hardly did he say anything. All he said was like, "Solve from this question to that one", "Next!", or so. Most of us thought it was meaningless and didn't listen to the lecture or even the teacher. I was so sorry for him being a teacher.

6 comments:

  1. Hi, this is Sora

    I really like your paragraph. It is interesting and has enough explanation.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I’m Jeong Hyen Joo. I read your writing and I liked it. There were two different types of teachers in your writing and it made the content more interesting than others. Also, I could see that you try to use quotations at the last part. And you used a lot of information to explain your each of your teacher’s characteristic. So, I could understand well the reason why you chose each ofthem as a good teacher and a bad teacher. But, I think that your writing is weak at illustrations and particulars. Actually, I want to know how your teachers look like. It would be better if you add more illustrations and exact particulars about your teachers. For example you can add something about the hair style or clothes they are wearing. Thank you, and see you next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, this is Yun You Jung.
    You used all of EQUIP in this writing, so I can understand it easily and can read it with interest. Also, you describe bad teacher as well as good teacher. This make your writing balanced. And thanks to quotations, I can imagine the situation related to bad teacher vividly. But I can't find quotations or more specific details about good teacher. You can add some information by illustrating an episode related to good teacher, like describing role plays or games you mentioned before.
    Thank you for your writing! See you in the next class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello I'm Minju Yeo
    I think you used all the EQUIP in your writing. I could easily understand what you are trying to say. But I think you should develope more on illustration and particulars. Anyways I like your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm Jae-Hun Lee.
    I like your writing, your writing has all the EQUIP points and I like that you explain some examples in the end of your writing.
    See you next class~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think ending with the feeling on him is not enough.
    You should cover it with the concluding sentence.
    So If you add like ' his bad teaching made us compare him and her (who you mentioned before)
    And that makes the concluding more greatly.
    Thanks! so lucky to meet the good teacher, huh?

    ReplyDelete