Thursday, May 24, 2012

Kahee Lee/ The best city to live in/ Mon 9a.m.

        Of all the places I have been to, I think that Wien, Austria is the best place to live in. Wien has the three things that I think is important to consider when I decide a place to live in. The first factor is the appearance of the city. Wien is the capital of the country just like Seoul, but has a totally different look. There are no skyscrapers in the city and most of the buildings have less than six floors, designed like they are from the middle ages. There are many large palaces and old Catholic churches in the city, each and every one of them so beautiful, giving you the feeling that time has stopped in this city. The city also has lovely parks and gardens so you can take a walk in nature when you need refreshment. The second factor is the entertainment that I can experience in the city. Wien has many museums with various themes and exhibitions so everyone from kids to adults can find something that they can find interesting. One of the museums possesses the famous 'The Kiss' of Gustav Klimt, who is one of my favorite painters, which I found very interesting. The city of Wien is very well known as the city of music, and just like its reputation, you can always find an opera or a concert being held in an opera house, churches or even in a palace. Because I love art I wanted to live in a place that I can enjoy a cultural life. And Wien was the perfect place for it. Finally, the last factor is whether the city has nice restaurants and cafes. Since I love eating out and drinking coffee, this is very important to me. Luckily I was able to check this factor during my short stay in the city last year. The food was very good, especially the desserts, and everyone knows that Wien coffee is famous worldwide. Considering all three factors I think is highly regarded in a place to live, Wien is definitely the best city to live in, because it is a beautiful city that has lots to enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm yoon jung from your class!
    I can clearly find out your topic setence is the first sentence.
    And your explanations, facts and experiences are fully suppoting your opinion.
    Actually I can't find any places that should be changed but by adding more experiences in the first and second supporting reasons, you can make better writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, This is Jae-hun Lee and this is my feedback for your writing.

    1.Does the paragraph have a topic sentence that expresses an opinion about the topic?
    ->Yes, Of all the places I have been to, I think that Wien, Austria is the best place to live in.

    2.Does the paragraph include any facts to support the writer’s opinion? What facts does it include?
    ->Yes. There are no skyscrapers in the city and most of the buildings have less than six floors, designed like they are from the middle ages. The city of Wien is very well known as the city of music, and just like its reputation, you can always find an opera or a concert being held in an opera house, churches or even in a palace.


    3.Does the writer provide explanations that support the opinion?
    ->Yes. One of the museums possesses the famous 'The Kiss' of Gustav Klimt, who is one of my favorite painters, which I found very interesting.

    4.Does the writer tell any experiences that support the opinion?
    ->Yes, The food was very good, especially the desserts, and everyone knows that Wien coffee is famous worldwide.

    5.Does the paragraph have a concluding sentence that restates the writer’s opinion and comments on it in some way?
    ->Yes, Considering all three factors I think is highly regarded in a place to live, Wien is definitely the best city to live in, because it is a beautiful city that has lots to enjoy.


    Thank you:)

    ReplyDelete