Thursday, May 31, 2012

Yun You Jung / An Embarrassing Incident / Monday 9 a.m.

An Embarrassing Incident For Me

 

201102252 Yun You Jung

 

     I can't forget an embarrassing incident which happened 2 years ago in winter. Before I entered university, I had lived in Pusan. And when I was in third grade in high school, I had to go to Seoul for taking several writing proficiency tests. After finishing those tests, I had the time to go somewhere. I decided to go to the Kyobo Book Centre in Gwanghwamun because I love books. Even looking at piles of books makes me feel good. Also I wanted to see the new interior of Kyobo Book Centre. After hearing my decision, my mom said to me, "I think there isn't enough time to go there and read a book". But I really wanted to go there. Looking at a subway map which I had picked up at the information desk, I estimated how long it would take and found out that there is enough time to visit there. Finally my mom and I went to the Kyobo Book Centre. I went around that large book store and saw which were published. I felt the tension from test is removed! With a light heart, my mom and I left Kyobo Book Centre as planned. We took a subway and had a rest. But things started to go wrong. It took more time for subway to reach at the next station than I had expected. Furthermore, we spend many times to transfer subway lines. I couldn't think this because it took less time to transfer in Pusan. I was worried that my mom and I would miss the train which we reserved. Finally, we arrived at Seoul station but the train had already left just 1 minute ago. There were not any tickets left on that day, except for prestige class. But it was very expensive. I was in panic because we have to go to Pusan in that day. After all, we bought tickets for prestige class and arrived at Pusan. I really blamed me for miscalculating the time. Although I used prestige class first in my life, it was very embarrassing incident for me.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry. I will change
    "Although I used prestige class first in my life" into "Although it was the most comfortable seat in my life".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,You-Jung! I'm Cho yoon jung from your class!XD
    I think your topic sentence is the first sentence.
    Your paragraph is really detail and I can fully understand how you feel at that day! And your writing is very smooth that I can read it with any question.
    But I think you can improve your writing by erasing" Even looking at piles of books makes me feel good like ". I think this sentence doesn't have to be included!
    Anyway, it was nice writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm Yeonju.
    It was nice and interesting story, in your narrative paragraph, I think the process of events in clear and obvious. I could easily catch what happened to you. But, in my opinion, it may be better to add you emotion more to your sentences. Especially, in the part where you're being late for the train, it would have been more interesting if you had said not just what happened but also what you felt with some exclamation marks!

    ReplyDelete