Thursday, May 17, 2012

Ji-young JANG, You-jin KIM / the teacher I liked / mon 9 a.m.

We meet many teachers in our lives. Not to mention from in elementary school to in high school we meet teachers in university. Of course, not all the teachers are nice. Sometimes, there are bad teachers. I think a good teacher means a teacher who lives up to his words. If he teaches polite greetings to his students, he should set a good example by saying "Annyeonghaseyo, yeoreobun." Giving a good example like this works well because students tend to follow those who act first. A teacher I really liked was this kind of teacher. For instance, we had a class about protecting the environment. During class, he explained that environmental protection is critical these days in terms of a sustainable development. Of course, he taught us through books, videos, and other materials such as discovery channel showing the importance of it. However before the class, he had participated in the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). He said, "We should consider the environment as if it is a part of our body. He also helped us learn other things like making bread. It was when we studied all days in school. When lunch time came, he told through announcement, "People who want to make bread for lunch, come to my office! I will wait for you."  Many students went there, and made bread together. Also, when we played baseball with friends, he helped those who were not good at it explaining the skills. He helped us throw and catch balls well. "You should weigh on your left foot more than on the right one when you throw balls" Thanks to this, my class could win the gold medal on the athletic meeting held in autumn. I feel really lucky that I had him as my teacher. There wasn't any teacher like him until now.

4 comments:

  1. Hi this is MinKyong Sohn and this is my feedback.
    This paragraph provided lots of examples and quotations so that I could undertand how nice your teacher was. But I think the part explaning that him living up to his words is a little bit weak. Maybe adding some more particulars would help. Adding more illustrations overall would help too!
    Anyway I liked this piece of work! See you in the class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, this is Dana Eun from your class and here's my comment on your paragraph.
    You had plenty of supportings and explanations about why this teacher is your best teacher. You used illustration, quotations and anecdotes. It was very good to describe the specific things he did as a teacher and how it made you feel.
    However, i wish there were more details about the teacher himself. When did you meet him and what subject did he teach? Also, it was unclear to me how your supportings match your topic, 'a teacher living up to one's words.'

    Thanks for sharing your writing and see you in class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, this is Takgyun!
    First of all, your paragraph gave us many examples and quotations to explain the teacher. With your details, I could see the nice aspects of him well. But the introduction part which was about living up to one's words doesn't match with the contents. They are not really related, I think. It would be better if you find more connections between two parts. Thank you for sharing your paragraph and see you in class~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. this is Lee Myungjae.
    I agree you had such a great teacher in your elementary school.
    I can see you put a lot of examples supporting your topic sentence and quotations made by him(your teacher). They are helpful to grasp his charateristics so works well. But I think it could be better to pin it down more. I mean, you put many short examples in your writing, but if you choosed two or three main stories among them and focused on them, it would have been more specific and coherent in general. Thank you for sharing your writing. See you!

    ReplyDelete