Thursday, April 12, 2012

ANYeonju_an example paragraph about myself (rev.)

An Artist Wannabe

I am an artistic person. In other words, I have a sense of beauty.For example, my friends ask for my advice whenever they cannot decide what tobuy in clothing stores. They say that I usually make good choices that are notbounded by a passing fad. This means I have my own distinctive taste. Usingthis sense of beauty, I like creating something meaningful and valuable relatedto art. For example, Last summer, I lead a play workshop program in Russiandepartment, and participated in the performance of a Russian play Wedding Ceremony as a main director. Includingme, all the actors and staffs were college students who didn't have anyexperience in theater field, but we did our best to make it perfect and alsocreative. I instructed the actors, designed the stage, selected the backgroundmusic, edited some part of drama, and even did make-up for the actors. To be anartistically creative person, I often go to galleries, museums, theaters and tryto read a lot, especially literature. And when I get impressed by them, I writereviews and critique. Now, I'm just insisting that I am more or less artistically talented, but, in the near future, I will make the world call me an artist.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, this is Youn Hee from the writing class! I really enjoyed reading your paragraph. I wish I had a friend like you who can decide instead of me in clothing stores!
    What I liked in this paragraph is that you explained what you did to describe how much you are an artistic person.
    And your main point seems to be the first sentence 'I am an artistic person.', of course.
    I liked that you try to be more artistic and that in the future, you wish to be an artist. Is it right? :)
    It will be better if you gave more examples of why you're artistic. And it would have been better if you wrote about what are your own distinctive taste.
    Thank you for your writing.
    See you in class! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am an artistic person. In other words, I have original sense of beauty. For example, my friends ask for my advice whenever they cannot decide what to buy in clothing stores. They say that I usually make good choices that are not bounded by a passing fad. This means I have my own distinctive taste. Using this sense of beauty, I like creating something meaningful and valuable related to art. For example, last summer, I led a play workshop program in Russian department, and participated in the performance of a Russian play Wedding Ceremony as a main director. Including me, all the actors and staffs were college students who didn't have any experience in theater field, but we did our best to make it perfect and also creative. I instructed the actors, designed the stage, selected the back ground music, edited some parts of drama, and even did make-up for the actors. To be an artistically creative person, I often go to galleries, museums, theaters and try to read a lot, especially literature. And when I get impressed by them, I write reviews and critiques. Now, I am just insisting that I am more or less artistically talented, but, in the near future, I will make the world calls me an artist.

    ReplyDelete