Friday, April 6, 2012

Kahee Lee/ A way to travel that interests you/ Mon 9 a.m.

     Walking around and getting lost is my best way to enjoy traveling. I realized that after I got lost a few times when I was traveling around. After I discovered this I became to like my terrible sense of direction. Walking is the best way to know a new place because it is more likely to find something unexpected and wonderful. When I find a nice café or restaurant or maybe a beautiful scene by coincidence it makes me feel like I found a hidden treasure. For example, I went to Tokyo this February with a friend of mine. We both had a bad sense of direction so we just threw away our maps and decided to go anywhere we felt like. We went into a small ally and we found ourselves in a typical Japanese residential area. There I saw a traditional housing with dark green roof tiles and brick walls around the house. The housing had a yard and there were some camellias with beautiful red flowers. There was also a small pond in the yard, which was decorated with a mill wheel miniature. I saw this house right after the rain had stopped, so I could smell the scent of wet grass which gave me a fresh feeling. Birds were chirping and the house looked so quiet and so beautiful. It was much better than going to any tourist attractions. I felt lucky to have found that place. If I had followed the tourist map, I would never have been able to see the house. That's why I think walking is the best way to travel. The expectancy of finding something that's not on the guide book, that's the ultimate fun of traveling!

4 comments:

  1. To Kahee from Sora

    Well, I like your paragraph. I think it is very organized. Actually the first part is a little bit bored. Because you have some unnecessary sentences. I think cutting some sentence and word will be better. I think you used proper example. At first I disagree with your topic but after I read your story, I agree now! It was really good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am NA RAE SON. I love the sentence the most, 'We both had a bad sense of direction so we just threw away our maps and decided to go anywhere we felt like.' It interests me and makes me keep reading your writing with more exciting feeling. following the next story, you described the atmosphere of the place, so i could imagine in details. And i agree that sometimes there are the better places to visit which are not scripted on the tourbook, and you found those unexpectedly. I was impressed.
    good topic sentence and concluding sentence, and enough descriptive adjectives! Thanks for your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Minju Yeo

    I really enjoyed reading your wiriting.

    What I really liked about your piece of writing is that it is very organized and easy to read.

    Your main point seems to be that you like traveling without planning anything, and your actual experience in Japan.

    I liked the part "We threw away our maps", which made me feel how excited and passionate you were to decide not to rely on the map.

    There wasn't anything not clear for me. However, one thing that could improve your writing is to add some trasitional words.
    It will make your writing more organized.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kahee Lee

    Draft 02

    Get lost, find treasure!

    Have you ever got lost while you were traveling? I always do, and in my opinion, walking around and getting lost is the best way to enjoy traveling. This is because you can discover the hidden beauties and attractions of the city you are in, all by yourself. It's just like a treasure hunt. It is exciting and pleasant because you have the opportunity to find something unexpected and wonderful. This I've experienced a lot, due to my terrible sense of direction. But when I find a nice café or restaurant or maybe a beautiful scene by coincidence it makes me feel like I found a hidden treasure. For example, I went to Tokyo this February with a friend of mine. We both had a bad sense of direction so we just threw away our maps and decided to go anywhere we felt like. What we found was a typical Japanese house located in a small ally in a residential area. The house had dark green roof tiles and had brick walls around the house. It also had a yard with full blown camellia flowers right near the brick walls, and a small pond in the middle of the yard, decorated with a mill wheel miniature. We saw this right after the rain had stopped, so we could smell the fresh scent of wet grass and hear the chirping of the birds. This scene looked so quiet and beautiful. If we had followed the tourist map, we would never have been able to see the house. The expectancy of finding something that’s not on the guide book, that’s the ultimate fun and the best way of traveling!

    ReplyDelete