Monday, April 2, 2012

Sense of Place /NAH, ChaiHyun/Mon9-11am

Sense of Place 

 

NAH, ChaiHyun

 

      There is one place that I can perfectly describe, not without watching. It is, my favorite library spot during my high school period. I have so many memories and full of suvenirs in that place but whenever I think of that spot, the first thing come to me is the "smell". I really liked the smell of the library, especially my favorite seat. It was located right next to the big window so everytime I breathe, I inhaled the fresh air and the "book smell". My highschool was located in MoHyun Myun, YongIn which is a countryside compares to Seoul. So I could breathe the fresh air and could benefit from the sun as long as I want. Back then, I need to study very hard to prepare tons of examinations. The library is located in the 5th floor and the one side of the wall was all window-- it was very bright even in the winter, and the best part is the ceiling was very high. So, it was calm, fresh, quiet, and bright, best for the study. There, I chose one seat that is next to a huge window, and made it my favorite spot. I went there to do my homework or to study by myself  almost everyday, including weekends. It is very familiar to me and gave me a lot of energy to move forward. 

1 comment:

  1. My High School Library

    There is one place that I can perfectly describe, not even without watching. It is the library of my high school, Hankuk Academy of Foreign Studies. Whenever I think about the library, the very first thing that comes to my mind is its scent, mostly the scent of books, and a little bit of paint, since it was a rather new library, only 4 years old. Also, the air of the library was very cool and fresh because my high school was located in MoHyun Myun, YongIn; a country side which is surrounded by mountains. The library was bright, too. It had very huge windows at one side of the wall. It was almost as big as the wall itself, and it allowed the sun to brighten the library. Not only the natural light but also a light lamp was on the every single desk in the library, so the students could study well. Overall, it was fresh, bright, and calm; perfect space to read books or study. I went there almost everyday, including weekends. It was my favorite place during my tough high school period, and it gave me a lot of energy to move forward.

    ReplyDelete