Monday, April 2, 2012

SunGyung Kim / A sense of place / Mon 1,2

A relaxing place, Thai massage shop

 

      Yesterday I went to a Thai massage shop in Non-Hyun Dong with my mom to relieve stress. When I got into a shop, I could definitely smell the scent of exotic flowers and it was somewhat like the smell of incense from temples. We walked into a small room with two separate beddings. I could almost see nothing right after I entered there because the light was so deem. However, with deem light and warm beddings, I felt very comfortable as I were in my own bed trying to sleep. The massage took more than an hour using a relaxing oil to smoothen my muscles. I thought it could be a little sticky, but it actually was really fresh. Since it started, the scent of peppermint from aroma oil filled the whole room and it tickled my nose. I felt my stiff neck and shoulders are being relaxed while lying on the bedding taking a massage thanks to that oil. It was also refreshing to listen to birds chirping and wind blowing from the speaker during the massage. The Thai massage really helped me reduce stress level and charge me with fresh energy and I think this is due to the place, which was comfortable enough for me to relax.

 

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm Cho yoon jung from your class!
    I enjoyed your writing and actually I do love Thai massage, too! You described really well about the massage place by using sight, smell and touch.
    I understand the difficulty of describing the place itself, but I think you focused too much on the massage itself. I think you can improve your writing more focusing on the place itself.
    Except that, I like your writing really much since I can clearly imagin the things you described!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am ChaiHyun Nah from your monday writing class. I really liked your descriptive writing. It is good enough for me to imagine the Thai massaging room! However I don't see much details in the 'eye'and the 'taste' section. Also, the sentence " I felt my stiff neck and shoulders are being relaxed while lying on the bedding taking a massage thanks to that oil." is kind of vague for me. I think it would be better if you take this sentece into different two parts.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A relaxing place, Thai massage shop

    Yesterday I went to a Thai massage shop in Non-Hyun Dong with my mom to relieve stress. When I got into a shop, I could definitely smell the scent of exotic flowers and it was somewhat like the smell of incense from temples. We walked into a small room with two separate beddings. Wallpapers were dark red, decorated with golden geometric patterns and the ceiling was covered with grey-like green. I could almost see nothing right after I entered there because the light was so deem. However, with deem light and warm, soft beddings, I felt very comfortable as I were in my own bed trying to sleep. The massage took more than an hour using a relaxing oil to smoothen my muscles. I thought the oil could be a little sticky, but it actually was really fresh. Since the massage started, scent of peppermint from aroma oil filled the whole room and it tickled my nose. It was also refreshing to listen to birds chirping and wind blowing from the speaker during the massage. After the massage, my mother and I had a cup of chamomile tea and some herb candies which were like throat pastilles. These made us even more satisfied until we leave there. The Thai massage really helped me reduce stress level and charge me with fresh energy. I think this is due to the place, which was comfortable enough for me to relax.

    ReplyDelete