Thursday, April 5, 2012

Cho yoon jung/Your favorite room in your home/ Mon9-11

Your favorite room in your home

 

 There are 3 rooms in my home but as our family member is only 3, including my parents and me, one room that left has always been a room for books. This room for study is my favorite room in my house. When you open the door and go into the room, you can see a lot of books covering the two walls of the room. The bookshelves are dark brown colored which is more than 20 years. Inside the book shelves, there are many books with various genres, most of them are my parents' books and only some of them are mine. Also, there are a bunch of books piled right next to the book shelves. The smell of old paper always remains in this room which is my favorite smell also. Right in front of the bookshelves, there is a couch which can lie down and read books. The couch is red color and it is a single couch which is round shape. It is a very flexible and comfortable couch I usually taking a nap while reading books! On the other side of the bookshelves, there is a laptop computer and the desk. Unlike other furniture in this room, the desk is the most recent   one. It is a glass desk which seems very refined one. Regardless of moving the house, the room for books is always placed in a same way as before, so I feel comfortable and warm every time I entered the room. Still, same as usual, I love this room and I think I will love this room and spend my time even more than my own room.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Yoon Jung! I'm Jeong Hyen Joo, and this is your comment.
    First, what I like about this piece of writing is that you used a lot of senses to describe your room. You used sense of smell, sight, and so on. It really helped me to understand what your room exactly looks like. But I couldn ’t find the clear topic sentence in your writing. It will be better if you make it catchier to the readers at the beginning. I think your concluding sentence is ‘I love this room and I think I will love this room and spend my time even more than my own room’. It really restates the idea of your writing. Although there are many things that you described about the room, you can describe more about it. You can mention about the wall paper, ceiling, and tiles. Make it more specific! It will be the best way to make your writing more detailed.

    ReplyDelete